Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Coloring tutorial

Hi everyone. I want to show you how I color my digistamps with derwent soft colour pencils.

This is what you need. Pencils, odorless turpentine, paper stumps, a nail file and of course a digi. Mostly I use 2 or 3 shades of color for 1 thing. Depending on the size I want to color. I do that to get more shadow then with just 1 color.

I start by coloring the flower. I use 3 colors and they are C130, C150 and C160.
I start with C130 and color around the edges.
Then use you paper stump to blend the color to the middle. Do that in circles so it blends well. For big parts I use a large paper stump (number 2) and for little parts I use number 0.
It should look like this after your done.
Then I use my second pencils C 150 and I color some edges but not all. Only the pieces I want to have shadow.
 
Use your paper stump again to blend the colors.
As the last color I use C160 and color the parts I want the darkest.
 Blend the color with your little paper stump.
Now it should look like this. You see you get more shadow then with just 1 color.
Now you first clean your paper stump with your nail file the get the color of.
On to the next part and that is the ladybug. This is such a small part so I only use 2 colors and they are C110 en C120.
 Color all around and blend.
Put on the second color on the part where you want your shadow. In case at the bottom. And blend.
Now to the last part and that is the leaves and the stalk. I've used C400 and C410.
First color the edges with C400 and blend.
Then use C410 and color the parts where you want the shadow. And blend.
This is the finished digi. You can see how much shadow you get when using more shades of color.
Hope you've enjoy my tutorial and have fun coloring.

5 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Miranda! I love seeing coloring tutorials. So fun to see the different steps everyone goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great job on the tutorial Miranda and beautiful coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Miranda.
    Thanks.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Tutorial Miranda!

    xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tutorial ..Great to know the -- in depth from this blog.This will really help for my forward steps to be taken.
    Cartoon coloring

    ReplyDelete